
Hampshire Hotel Petit Nord: Netherlands' Hidden Gem? You NEED to See This!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your average hotel review. We're diving DEEP into the Hampshire Hotel Petit Nord – the so-called “Netherlands’ Hidden Gem?” Honey, we’re about to find out if it’s a glittering diamond or a slightly tarnished trinket. Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, because that's how I’m feeling!
Let's get this straight: I’m not going to just regurgitate a list of amenities. I'm gonna feel this hotel. Get ready…
First, the Basics (and the Bits That Matter): Accessibility, Safety, and…Sanitization Mania!
Okay, accessibility. This is HUGE for me. I mean, if it's not easy to get into a place, then what's the point, right? The review isn’t clear about whether or not it has a fully accessible route. I do see "Facilities for disabled guests," but that can mean anything from a ramp to a vague promise. They haven't specifically mentioned it or the rooms, it's a major oversight. The Accessibility section gets a tentative C+ until I can actually experience it.
Now, for something that has been heavily hammered on: cleanliness. Thank God. We're talking "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays," the whole nine yards. It feels like a fever dream of lysol and bleach, and honestly? In this post-pandemic world, I'm here for it. They also have "Cashless payment service" and those individually wrapped food options, which are both good. This screams "safe," so I'd give this Cleanliness and safety section an A+. I need that peace of mind.
Then there’s the Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms and the hotel chain itself. All good signs, but let's pray the actual implementation is as thorough as the list.
Internet, Because We Can’t Live Without It (Sadly)
Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free], Wi-Fi in public areas, all of it. Look, I'm not a techie, but free Wi-Fi is a necessity. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" is a HUGE plus. Thank goodness for that.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Will My Stomach Survive?
This is the moment of truth! The food! They have EVERYTHING. Restaurants, Restaurants, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Bottle of water, Essential condiments, and even Happy hour. This feels a little overwhelming. I mean, a vegetarian restaurant and Asian cuisine? It’s like a culinary world tour. Plus Room service [24-hour]. This is important. I am a sucker for room service.
My biggest worry? The quality. A huge buffet can be amazing or utterly depressing. Hopefully, the "Safe dining setup" translates into deliciousness, not just clinical presentation. I’m cautiously optimistic here; let's give it a solid B.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Does This Gem Sparkle?
Ah, the fun stuff! This is where the "hidden gem" tag really has to shine. The Spa, Spa/sauna, Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor], Sauna, Steamroom, Gym/fitness, Fitness center, Body scrub, Body wrap, and Massage. Holy moly. This is a lot. Like, a lot of relaxation options.
I love a good spa day. Seriously, if they’ve got a decent massage therapist, I'm sold. The pool with a view – that sounds amazing. I'm picturing myself sipping something fruity, staring out at a gorgeous landscape… (fingers crossed!). The steamroom is a must. A fitness center? Well, I should probably use that, but let's be real, the massage comes first. And the pool, of course. This section is definitely a highlight, it's an A+.
The Rooms: My Personal Sanctuary (or Disaster Zone?)
Okay, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. The Available in all rooms list is a long one. Air conditioning, Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. That's a lot of stuff. Like, a lot. I'm praying it's not all crammed into a tiny, poorly-lit box.
I need a good bed, a decent shower, and a working coffee maker. Blackout curtains are essential for my beauty sleep. I like the idea of a laptop workspace, but let's face it, I'll probably just be sprawled out on the bed. The inclusion of bathrobes?! Yes, please. I can almost smell the luxury. I'm picturing myself curled up in a bathrobe after a long spa day, sipping tea. Ugh, bliss. Based on the potential alone, I'm giving the Rooms a strong B+.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and Annoy the Hell Out of You)
This is where things get a little…messy. They have a ton of them: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking and even Airport transfer. Wow. It's a massive list.
I like the sound of "Contactless check-in/out" for a quick arrival. A gift shop and a convenience store could be useful. But, honestly, some of this feels unnecessary. Do I really need a xerox machine? The Doorman and Concierge give me that old-school, fancy vibe. The free car parking is fab though. Overall, it’s got strong points, but it depends on how it’s executed. C+.
For the Kids: Family Friendly? It Matters!
This section is a bit of a mixed bag. Babysitting service and Family/child friendly are good! But, Kids facilities, Kids meal aren't listed. I'm a bit iffy about this because the review leaves the details of what this entails ambiguous.
Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions (My Honest Take!)
Okay, I want to talk about the vibe. Reading this information, I get a mix of excitement and slight scepticism. I'm really interested in whether this place truly lives up to the "hidden gem" hype. The pool with a view is making me dream, but the sheer volume of amenities is slightly intimidating.
I'm especially interested in how they manage the cleanliness and the spa. That’s where they could really shine. Food is always a gamble, so I will be going in with a flexible appetite.
The Verdict?
Based on this information, the Hampshire Hotel Petit Nord has serious potential. It sounds fantastic. But the true test is in the execution. I need to know the Accessibility situation
Uncover the Philippines' BEST Hidden NiteLife Gem: Transient House Revealed!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your average pristine itinerary. This is my attempt to wrangle the chaos of a trip to the Hampshire Hotel - Petit Nord in the Netherlands. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the distinct aroma of stale coffee.
Hampshire Hotel - Petit Nord: Operation "Don't Screw This Up (Again)"
(Spoiler alert: I probably will. Just saying.)
Day 1: Arrival and the Eternal Struggle With Luggage
7:00 AM: Wake up in a panic. Did I pack enough socks? Did I remember my passport? (Spoiler: I did, eventually. After a frantic search that involved emptying my entire underwear drawer onto the floor.) Breakfast is a blur of lukewarm coffee and existential dread.
9:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. I'm convinced every cab driver secretly hates me. Or maybe it's just the way I hold my breath whenever the meter starts ticking.
11:00 AM: Flight to Amsterdam. Turbulence! My stomach promptly tries to vacate my body through my mouth. I grip the armrest and silently curse the inventor of rollercoasters. I watch the clouds, hoping to find an interesting cloud animal.
12:30 PM (ish): Arrive in Amsterdam. The sheer volume of bicycles almost gives me a panic attack. Seriously, how do people live here? They maneuver around these things like they're actual ninjas.
1:30 PM: Train to the Hampshire Hotel - Petit Nord. Navigating the train station with my suitcase (which feels heavier than a small car) is an Olympic sport. I nearly take out a small child and a very dignified looking woman with an equally heavy shopping bag. Sorry, lady!
3:00 PM: Finally arrive at the hotel! Check-in. The lobby is cute-ish. I'm too exhausted to appreciate it fully. Room is… well, it’s a room. Pretty sure the walls are slightly tilted. Maybe it’s the jet lag, maybe it’s the building. I can't tell.
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Nap. A glorious, beautiful nap. Dream of fluffy clouds and less heavy suitcases.
5:00 PM: Wake up feeling slightly disoriented. Realize I forgot to pack a phone charger. Commence internal screaming. Head downstairs, find reception, buy a charger for an obscene amount of money. Curse my own forgetfulness.
6:00 PM: Stumble out of the hotel searching for dinner. End up at a little bakery… Get the most delicious pastry I've ever had. It's a moment of pure, cheesy goodness. I may or may not have cried a little.
7:00 PM - Bedtime: Wander around the hotel. It's cute! Then back to my room, charging the phone and planning the next day.
Day 2: Canals, Cheese, and Utter Confusion
9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast buffet is a minefield of choices. I pile my plate with bread, cheese and what might be something that kind of resembles eggs.
10:00 AM: Canal tour! Amsterdam. The boats are charming. The houses are beautiful. I spend the entire time trying to take photos without dropping my phone in the water. Success!
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Cheese tasting! I am in heaven. So much cheese! This is the pinnacle of the trip. This is the reason I came. I have never met a cheese I didn't like… I try a cheese that is so sharp it makes my eyes water. Then I try another! The cheese guy is amazing, a true artist of cheese! A friendly man with a mustache as magnificent as the cheeses.
1:00 PM: Find lunchtime. In a daze of dairy. I pick up some fries. This is a good life.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Wander around the city in somewhat of a cheese-induced haze. I get lost. Several times. Learn to appreciate the beauty of a wrong turn though.
4:00 PM: Trying to find a place to sit and drink. Is this even possible? I feel like I'm the only person in the world that wants to do this.
7:00 PM: Dinner. I eat a plate of bitterballen. The best thing ever.
8:00 PM: Find a bar and people watch. What a wonderful world!
Day 3: Windmills, Art, and the Lingering Question of Socks
9:00 AM: Breakfast…again. The cheese section is calling my name. I manage to avoid it.
10:00 AM: Train trip to the windmills! The countryside is gorgeous. I even see (gasp!) a cow. I take about a hundred photos that all look the same.
12:00 PM: Back to Amsterdam. Museum time! The Van Gogh Museum is supposed to be amazing. I'm more of the "standing around and looking confused" type, but the work is stunning.
3:00 PM: Attempt souvenir shopping. Struggle to find the perfect clogs. Everything seems to be geared towards children. Or, you know, for tourists. I want something unique!
5:00 PM: Sit in a cafe. Write some postcards. Accidentally add a small child, so I rewrite.
7:00 PM: Dinner and a canal-side stroll. It's gorgeous. I feel content.
9:00 PM: Back at the hotel, packing. The eternal sock question looms large. Did I bring enough? Did I even wear any of the socks I brought? I'll never know.
Day 4: Farewell (and the Quest for More Cheese)
7:00 AM: Wake up. More coffee! The end is coming.
8:00 AM: Breakfast. I will miss the cheese.
9:00 AM: Attempt to check out with minimal drama. Succeed!
10:00 AM: Train to the airport. Realize I still have Dutch currency. Buy more cheese at the airport. Problem solved.
12:00 PM: Flight home. This time, less turbulence. Much better. Phew!
Throughout the trip: Constant internal commentary. Obsessive thoughts about my appearance. Questions about my life choices. A surprising amount of joy.
Final Thoughts:
This Hampshire Hotel - Petit Nord trip was… messy. It was beautiful. It was frustrating. It was delicious (thanks, cheese!). It was me. And that, in the end, is all that matters. Until the next trip, anyway. Where I'm sure I'll forget my charger again. And probably my socks. Wish me luck.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Beloved Cottage in Thailand Awaits!
Okay, fine, Hampshire Hotel Petit Nord. Sounds… bougie. Is it ACTUALLY a hidden gem, or just fancy marketing?
Alright, truth bomb time. "Hidden gem" is thrown around like confetti, right? And honestly, I went in with MAXIMUM skepticism. Pictures looked... polished. But yeah, Petit Nord? It kinda *is*. It's not like, hidden from the CIA or anything, it's a hotel, hello. But it's way less about the flash and more about the *feeling*. It's tucked away in a sleepy Dutch village (which, btw, is probably prettier than your Instagram feed), and it just… breathes a certain calm. It’s not perfect. There were tiny imperfections (more on that later!), but it has the vibe of a quirky, slightly worn-in, beautifully curated antique shop that you actually *want* to live in. Not just a shiny catalog photo.
Where IS this mythical village anyway? And more importantly, is it easy to get to? (I hate long train rides.)
The village is called, oh god, let me check... It's called 'Ootmarsum'. Spelling be damned (it's Dutch, after all!). Getting there? Okay, here’s the deal. It's in the east of the Netherlands. Not *super* close to Amsterdam, so a train ride *is* involved. But! The good news is, it wasn't a soul-crushing, soul-sucking, end-of-days kind of train ride. You get to the nearest train station, then you *have* to take a bus. Which, depending on how well you're feeling that day can be a bit of a drag or a chance to check out the countryside. And honestly, after the bus, you're dropped off right into the heart of this adorable, slightly-too-perfect-to-be-true town. Totally worth the journey, in my humble opinion. Just pack some snacks! Seriously, you don't want to face the Dutch bus hungry.
What kind of people would *enjoy* staying there? Who should steer clear?
Okay, if you're the type who NEEDS a bustling nightlife, neon signs, and 24/7 room service? Run. Run far, far away. Go to Vegas. Petit Nord is for… well, it's for people who appreciate beauty in simplicity. People who like cozy corners, good books (they *have* a library of sorts!), and the sound of church bells (yes, there's a church). For people who enjoy a leisurely breakfast and a walk past ridiculously picturesque windmills (yes, really). Families? Absolutely. Couples? Definitely. Solo travellers looking for a peaceful escape? YES! It’s for the people who are okay with a quiet evening and the joy of taking a breath. For people who aren't afraid of a little rain (it *is* Holland, after all!).
The rooms! Spill the tea! Are they actually nice? And what about the amenities situation?
Rooms! Okay, the rooms are... charming. Like, seriously charming. Think cozy, slightly-worn furniture (in a good way!), thick duvets, and windows that actually *open*. They’re not minimalist; they’re full of character. I had a little balcony overlooking a ridiculously cute courtyard. That courtyard, by the way, is perfect for a late afternoon drink. The amenities? There's a restaurant (more on that in a bit), a bar, and a small spa. The spa is... small. Don't expect a massive, all-singing, all-dancing spa extravaganza. It has a sauna and a massage room. Simple, but nice. Free Wi-Fi, of course (thank god), but the signal wasn't always lightning fast – which honestly, was kind of refreshing. Forced digital detox FTW.
Let's talk about the restaurant. Is the food any good? I'm a picky eater.
The restaurant... this is where things get a *little* complicated. The food is… decent. Definitely not Michelin-star quality, but perfectly fine. I had a particularly good Dutch stew one evening (stews, apparently, are a Dutch speciality). The breakfast buffet, however, was AMAZING. Seriously, I could have lived on those tiny pancakes and the endless supply of fresh fruit. They had cheeses you've never even heard of. AND it’s all served in this incredibly beautiful room with big windows. The service was friendly, if a bit… at times, slow. It seemed like there was only one person working the bar some nights. So, you might have to wait a bit. But hey, you're there to relax, right? Suck it up and enjoy another round of those tiny pancakes! Seriously, those pancakes...
Any Quirky Details You Noticed?
Oh, the details! Okay, get this: the lobby had a fireplace that apparently only worked sometimes. I was SO bummed when it wasn't lit. I totally pictured myself curled up with a book and a glass of wine by the crackling fire. And the stairs… they were steep! Seriously, medieval castle steep. But it just added to the charm, or so I told myself as I puffed my way up to my room. They also had a resident cat. A fluffy, slightly aloof creature who mostly just judged you from various sunbeams. I think his name was Max. Or maybe it was just a generic cat name. He had the air of someone VERY used to getting his own way. Also, the lighting in the hallways was a bit… dim. Felt like something out of a film noir sometimes. It was all very atmospheric, once you get used to almost falling the steps because, you know, Medieval.
What's there to DO in Ootmarsum? Besides, you know, exist in a beautiful place.
Okay, Ootmarsum isn’t exactly a hotbed of extreme sports. Think more… gentle pursuits. There are art galleries (Ootmarsum is apparently known for its artists), shops selling handcrafted… things (wooden clogs! Seriously!), and plenty of opportunities for strolling. There's a beautiful old church to admire. And if you’re feeling active, you can cycle through the surrounding countryside. There are also plenty of walking trails. Really, the best thing to do is just wander. Explore the cobblestone streets, pop into a cafe for a coffee, and soak up the atmosphere. Slow down. Breathe. Be present. It’s a place where you can actually *hear* yourself think. Which, depending on your current mental state, could be a good thing or a terrifying prospect.
Okay, let’s talk about the best part: *that breakfast*. Please, elaborate.
Right. The breakfast. Brace yourselves. It was… *transcendent*. Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration. But it was seriously good. The tiny pancakes, as I mentioned before, were fluffy, perfect little circles of deliciousness. They came with syrup, whipped cream, and fresh berries. I ate, like,Best Hotels Blog

